The Moapa Valley Revitalization Project is organizing a logo contest to create a logo for the destination of Moapa Valley that will be used in marketing materials to promote tourism to the valley. The logo will also be available for use by other local associations and events free of charge, and may be used on local signage. Use for Moapa Valley promotional merchandise will be available subject to a royalty agreement with MVRP.
Rules of the contest:
- Entries are accepted from August 20th to September 21st 2018
- Any current or former resident of any age may submit one or more entries
- Submissions are accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Moapa Valley Revitalization Project. PO Box 1716, Overton, NV 89040-1716
- Submissions in a vector file format such as EPS are preferred, but submissions in bitmap file format or paper format are also accepted, in order to facilitate participation by students of the elementary and high school arts programs.
- By submitting their logo to MVRP, artists are assigning any copyright or other right in their work to MVRP. No royalties of any kind will be paid to the winning artist.
- Artists should ensure that their creations are clearly legible when enlarged, reduced and rendered in black and white, like a professional logo, which is important for example when laser cutting the logo into a metal sign. The logo should feature the words "Moapa Valley", fully spelled out. Additional words, if any, are at the discretion of the artist.
- Between September 22nd and September 24th, the board of directors of MVRP will select the 3 best submissions, in its own discretion. Submissions will be judged according to originality, professionalism, legibility in large, small and B&W and in how they represent Moapa Valley as a destination for tourism.
- The 3 best creations will be published in the Moapa Valley Progress edition of September 26th, at which point residents will be invited to vote on the creation they think best represents the Moapa Valley destination. Each resident 6 years old and older gets one vote. Families get the number of votes according to the number of family members 6 and older.
- Voting will be open until October 2nd, 2018. The winning logo will be announced in the Moapa Valley edition of October 10th, 2018, along with the artist's story.
-There is no prize for the contest winner or any participants.